What am I looking for?
To make the world better through code.
If I could snap my fingers and find myself in a perfect role, it would probably involve:
- - making the world better
- - writing useful tools (libraries, CLIs) that make the humans who use them happy
- - playing with APIs, integrating things into other things
- - automating things and making them document themselves
- - talking to people and enabling them to do cool shit
- - subverting the dominant paradigm, in general
Right now the tools* I'm equipped with are:
- - Golang, Python, bash
- - a little C and C++
- - DNS, Docker, see linkedin profile
- - an endlessly stubborn personality when faced with a problem or a mystery, whether it's a complicated-ass bug that no one else will look into or somebody's long-lost best friend from 6th grade
- - near-native fluency in French, and caveperson-level Russian, German, Spanish
- - an incorrigible curiosity, a sort of fierce empathy and incorruptible rage at injustice
- - an obsession with well-made things and awesome documentation
- - a pretty good holistic perspective, seeing connections/the "big picture"
- - an endless supply of ideas and hypotheses
- - a tiny bit of a bunch of other things, due to the aforementioned curiosity
* some/most of these have gotten me into trouble at some point, so YMMV.
For more info, try:
$ curl cv.soulshake.net